Bates Motel

By -TQ


A new show premiered last week on A&E called, Bates Motel. Now new shows I don’t really buy into, I’m a skeptic. But the trailers got me! So I caught the premiere and it was a good episode. The content was original and it promised to be a twister of a ride. But the real question for me is, will it be consistent?

Episode two (“Nice Town You Picked Norma”) aired yesterday, and I think I’m hooked!
The story goes that a mother and her son find the husband dead, they move and buy a motel. The mother “Norma” is played by the good looking Vera Farmiga, and the son “Norman” played by Freddie Highmore (if you don’t know who that it, don’t worry you’re not the only one). It is loosely based off Psycho, a 1960`s horror movie by the famous Alfred Hitchcock. Now I say loosely because there are something that are not the same as the movie. But for TV, sacrifices were made.

If you haven’t watched this show, and adult content is not offensive to you, WATCH THIS! I say this because the production company is so confident that, it is already a go for a whole season.
So whether you like it or not, it’s here to stay might as well join us and like!

For those of you who are up to date, don’t you think the relationship between Norma and Norman, is a little like Oedipus?

Leave a Reply